Serving the Health Needs of the Community For 30 Years
In 1988, Palm Beach County residents decided they wanted to invest in a healthier community. They voted to create the Health Care District of Palm Beach County, an independent taxing district that provides an array of health care services, such as:
We are committed to providing quality health care in an efficient, fiscally responsible manner. We invite you to browse through the following pages to learn more about the Health Care District and the Palm Beach County residents –many just like you – whom we serve every day.
To be the health care safety net for Palm Beach County.
Meeting changes in health care to keep our community healthy.
We work to accomplish our mission and vision through various programs and services, including:
We are dedicated to the health of our community and committed to providing high-quality health care services to all residents of Palm Beach County in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Integrity: Being committed to honesty, accountability, transparency and ethical standards.
- Excellence: Achieving high quality outcomes through innovation, customer service, safety and continuous improvement.
- Leadership: Providing progressive solutions to community health care needs in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Teamwork: Fostering cooperative and collaborative efforts in the delivery of comprehensive health care services.
- Respect: Valuing a culture of inclusion and diversity built on trust, respect and compassion for all.
Board of Commissioners
The Health Care District is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners. The Commissioners serve on a voluntary basis. Three Commissioners are appointed by the Governor of Florida, three by the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners and one is a representative of the State Department of Health. Commission terms are for four years. Commissioners may hold their appointments for a maximum of eight consecutive years.
Darcy J. Davis
Chief Executive Officer
Belma Andrić, MD, MPH
Chief Medical Officer
VP & Executive Director of Clinic Services
Thomas Cleare, PhD, MBA
Assistant VP Planning & Community Engagement
VP of Field Operations
VP & Chief Administrative Officer
VP & General Counsel
Joel H. Snook
VP & Chief Financial Officer