Family Medicine Residency
The Lakeside Family Medicine Residency is a three-year, ACGME-accredited program with five residency positions open each year for either allopathic or osteopathic physicians.
With a co-located outpatient family medicine office, the Lakeside Medical Center serves as the primary clinical training site for both inpatient and outpatient family medicine. The rural, safety-net hospital and high-volume outpatient office provide robust training in an unopposed setting, and, by partnering with organizations like Nova Southeastern University and the Palm Beach Health Department, the residency provides access to and experiences in an even wider range of health care settings.
The program highlights include:
- Excellent inpatient training from an unopposed, high-volume residency service
- Excellent outpatient training in a busy, well-resourced office with embedded dental and behavioral health services
- Training experiences rooted in and influenced by the Glades community of rural Palm Beach County
- Embedded experience within the innovative Health Care District of Palm Beach County, providing comprehensive safety-net services to marginalized residents of Palm Beach County for more than 30 years
- Dedicated faculty and staff committed to supporting resident learning and wellness, with:
• Weekly protected didactics, with virtual support to limit unnecessary travel
• Shared on-call coverage to limit monthly call requirements for residents