The Health Care District Marks 30th Anniversary with Legacy Awards Event
The Health Care District of Palm Beach County recognized five of its founders and five veteran staff members at its 30th Anniversary Legacy Awards reception on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at the West Palm Beach Hilton. The honorees have dedicated years of service in supporting this unique public health care system.
"These ten men and women have made a lasting impact on our agency and the health of our community,” said Brian R. Lohmann, Chair of the Health Care District Board of Commissioners. “In the early 1980’s, our founders recognized the need for a Health Care District to provide access to quality care for residents, the uninsured and underserved.”
On November 8, 1988, the voters of Palm Beach County had the vision to approve the referendum to establish the Health Care District, which has matured into a model safety net system. The Health Care District provides innovative and lifesaving services to thousands of county residents through its two Trauma Hawk helicopter air ambulances and Trauma Agency, School Nurses, skilled nursing home, acute-care teaching hospital, primary care clinics and new Mobile Health Clinic, health plans, pharmacy services, and much more.
“We salute our founders for their dedicated volunteer service over the past three decades,” said Darcy J. Davis, Chief Executive Officer of the Health Care District of Palm Beach County. “We also recognize our five Diamond Award recipients who have worked at the District for 25 years and more. Considering the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics cites the average employee remains on the job for just over four years, this is quite an achievement.”
The Legacy Award honorees are:
(From left to right)
• James T. Howell, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Dean of Community Affairs, Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University
• Glen J. Torcivia, Esq.
• Don W. Chester, Assistant Administrator, St. Mary’s Medical Center and Palm Beach Children’s Hospital
• Carol A. Roberts, former Palm Beach County Commissioner and former Health Care District Board Member and Board Chair
• C. David Goodlett, Senior Vice President, Sugar Cane Growers Cooperative of Florida and former Health Care District Board Member and Board Chair
The Diamond Award Health Care District employee honorees are:
(From left to right)
• Gerald M. Pagano, Director of Aviation Operations
• Peretheiura Baker, Community Liaison
• Robert Forchin, Accounting and Purchasing Manager
• Deborah D. Robinson, Contract Operations and Compliance Manager
• Donna M. Mistretta, Print and Mailroom Operations Manager
What the Health Care District means to each of the honorees: