Health Care District COVID-19 Updates
The Health Care District of Palm Beach County has
been monitoring the latest information and guidelines on the Coronavirus
(COVID-19) in coordination with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Health Care
District and its health facilities have taken a proactive approach to ensure
that required preparations and protocols are in place to provide timely, safe
and quality care for our patients.
Due to the ongoing medical crisis, the Health Care District is activating
the following emergency plans at our facilities:
C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics: We are encouraging all patients to call 561-642-1000 to for any information regarding the clinics or COVID-19 testing between 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
As COVID-19 continues to be a risk, we remain committed to taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, and staff:
Everyone entering the facility will be screened and assessed with a no touch thermometer.
If the temperature is greater than 100°F, the individual will not be permitted to enter the facility. Visitors who do not meet the screening criteria will not be allowed in the facility. Upon entering the hospital, everyone will be required to wear a mask at all times throughout the facility.
- ONE (1) adult visitor allowed to accompany ER patients
- Patients admitted to a unit may have ONE (1) adult visitor, at a time, from 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Surgical patient may have ONE (1) adult patient visitor accompany them to the hospital on the day of their procedure.
- Labor and delivery patient may have ONE (1) adult companion, for the duration of labor.
- ONE (1) adult may remain overnight in the Pediatric Unit.
- There is NO VISITATION for patients on isolation for COVID-19.
- Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center: No visitation is permitted at the Edward J.
Healey Center until further notice.