Trauma Hawk Aeromedical Hangar
4255 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
The helicopters and staff are stationed at a state-of-the-art hangar facility at the Palm Beach International Airport. The facility, which was developed by the Health Care District, functions as the base of operations for the Trauma Hawk program.
The Aeromedical Hangar supports the performance of the District’s medical mission, allows staff to conduct all maintenance on the District’s helicopters, and keeps the aircraft and personnel safe at times when South Florida experiences harsh weather and environmental conditions.
The Trauma Hawk Aeromedical Hangar includes approximately 25,000 square feet that houses:
- Aircraft hangar space to support the two helicopters, including a separate maintenance bay
- A training center to provide necessary aviation and medical training
- Administrative office space
- A pre-flight planning and communications center to monitor and track flights and weather conditions, and
- Living quarters for the crews working overnight