The Health Care District of Palm Beach County’s custom-designed Mobile Health Clinic is the newest edition to the C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics. This 38-foot bus is hitting the road to deliver medical and behavioral health services to the chronically homeless and other underserved adult patients across the county.
The Mobile Health Clinic provides medical and behavioral health services including general medicine, psychosocial assessments and therapy by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), telepsychiatry and pharmacy services. By offering a “one-stop-shop” model of comprehensive medical care at sites throughout the county, our clinic on wheels is expanding much-needed access to health care for the homeless by meeting them where they are. The Mobile Health Clinic partners with community agencies that traditionally provide other social services at these locations, such as food, showers, housing, case management, etc. The ultimate goal is to establish the C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics’ brick-and-mortar locations as the medical home for these patients on their road to recovery and a sustained healthy lifestyle.
Features and Services
- Primary care services (physical exams, chronic disease management (diabetes, hypertension, etc.), preventative care (colorectal and cervical cancer screenings, mammogram referrals, etc.), behavioral health services (screenings, psychiatric services, addiction treatment, etc.)
- Serving patients from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (outreach on Saturdays) with a published monthly schedule
- Serving all patients with or without insurance and regardless of ability to pay (a sliding fee scale is available based on family size and income)
- Two fully-equipped exam rooms (hydraulic exam bed for bariatric patients), counseling room, ADA compliant with wheelchair-accessible bathroom and hydraulic wheelchair lift, three TV monitors for patient education, large exterior electric retractable awning to provide shade and wireless access to the Health Care District’s Electronic Health Record System
- Staffed by a team of four: Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Registered Nurse, and Driver/Registrar
- Able to serve up to four patients at once
For more information call 561-642-1000
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number H80CS25684 for Health Center Cluster in the award amount of $6,972,813. Of the total project, 75.7% is financed with nongovernmental sources. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government. The C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics were granted Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) deeming status effective January 1, 2019.