Renewal of Membership
To continue as a member of the Health Care District,
- You must reside in Palm Beach County;
- You must re-apply and be determined eligible every six (6) months;
Eligibility automatically expires no later than six (6) months after the effective date of coverage. We suggest you begin the renewal process prior to your expiration date to avoid any break in your benefits; you can reapply up to sixty (60) days before your eligibility expires.
Termination of Membership
You can terminate your membership in the Health Care District at any time by giving written notice to the Customer Service Department. Call (866) 930-0035 for more information.
Warning letters and the termination of individuals and/or entire family units from assigned Health Care District programs or the application process may occur if evidence of the following is discovered:
- Providing false information, withholding information or falsifying documentation for the initial eligibility application or renewing eligibility,
- Failure to keep clinical appointments and non-compliance with provider prescribed treatment,
- Abusive or inappropriate language including rudeness,
- Disruptive behavior including yelling, refusing to leave a premise or being excessively loud,
- Inappropriate or excessive use of health care services or provider facilities,
- Possession of firearms or weapons at provider offices and/or locations,
- Physical, verbal or written threats to Providers or their staff; District staff or other District members, etc.,
- Enrollment in another Health Insurance Plan or other Health Care coverage,
- Alteration of prescriptions including radiology, laboratory, therapies or medications,
- Intentional destruction of property on provider or District premises,
- Fraud involving misuse of the member ID card and/or medical services,
- Non-compliance in providing requested information after the eligibility post-audit, and
- Physical altercation on premises of a provider office or facility.
The above occurrences can result in a first warning, second warning or termination from the District Cares programs for one (1) year from the date of notification.
The Health Care District has implemented an appeal process for termination of eligibility. If you would like to appeal the decision to terminate your eligibility, you must appeal the decision in writing within sixty (60) days of the date of the termination notice. The District has up to sixty (60) days to respond to your appeal, all appeal decisions are final. Please send all correspondences to:
Health Care District of Palm Beach County
Attention: Patient Access Management
1515 N. Flagler Dr., Suite 101
West Palm Beach, FL 33401-3429
If a member is enrolled in the District Cares program after his/her disenrollment period is completed and there is cause for another disenrollment, the member will be disenrolled for a period up to five (5) years and prohibited from participation in the District Cares program.