Customer Service Department
Questions, Changes, Suggestions or Problems
If you have any questions regarding services, have suggestions, have a status change, received bills in error or if you wish to register a complaint, please contact the Customer Service Department. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., except holidays. Customer Service Telephone: (866) 930-0035
Change In Status - Please call the Health Care District’s Customer Service Department if:
- Your address and/or telephone number changes.
- You intend to move from Palm Beach County.
- You obtain other medical coverage.
- You become eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, insurance, or another program; your medical care may not be paid by the Health Care District.
- You become pregnant.
Payments - Customer ServiceA co-payment is an amount of money that you must pay to the provider for certain included services at the time of treatment or service. Co-payments may apply for authorized covered services provided by a participating provider. You are responsible for charges for any unauthorized services.
You are responsible for the following:
- Services not covered by District Cares.
- Services received from a doctor, hospital, or other medical provider that is not a contracted provider.
- Services requiring a referral and a referral was not obtained.
- Services received outside of Palm Beach County unless authorized by the Health Care District.
- Applicable co-payments.
Billing Statements - If you receive a bill by mistake, do not ignore it! Call the billing provider immediately and inform them of your Health Care District coverage. Be sure to give them your member identification number. The physician or medical provider is responsible for submitting a claim form to the Health Care District. If you have any questions please call the Customer Service Department at 1-866-930-0035. Please do not send your bills directly to Customer Service unless requested.
Description of Service Area - The Health Care District serves only residents of Palm Beach County. Members must notify the District of any change in permanent residency.
Complaints - If you are not satisfied with a service you received and would like to file a complaint, you can do so by calling the Health Care District at (866) 930-0035. A Customer Service Representative will assist you and will attempt to resolve any problems you may have.